Undavalli Caves (Photo Courtesy: Sigirisetty Surya Kiran)
Vijayawada is the third largest city in Andhra Pradesh (After Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam). It is located on the banks of the Krishna River and is a major trading and business center.
Principle reason for any tourist to arrive in Vijayawada would be Amravati Buddhist heritage site (2000 year old stupa and Buddhist settlement).
However for a local getaway seeker, the city offers many places to see and spend time on.
* Prakasam Barrage on river Krishna Prakasham Barrage (Panoramic Lake)
* Kanaka Durga Temple
* Gandhi Hill - The first Gandhi Memorial with seven stupas in the country
* Mogalarajapuram Caves (5th century caves)
* Victoria Museum (Archeology)
* Rajiv Gandhi Park (Horticulture work and musical fountains)
* Gunadala Matha Shrine (Church)
* Bhavani Island (Riverine island)
* Undavalli Caves (Ancient caves, example of Indian rock cut architecture).
* Kondapalli Fort
Typical stay Duration - 1 or 2 nights