Srivaikundam Temple Photo Courtesy Sowrirajan S
Turicorin port is about 46 kms from Thirunelveli and 180 kms from Madurai and there are number of places of pilgrimage Tourist interest around the area.
* Tirunelveli is home to Nelliappar Shiva Temple, one of the renowned temples in Tamil Nadu. Thirunenveli is also base point to visit Srivaikunthanthor Temple (37 kms from Tirunelveli), a Shiva temple.
* Tiruchendur - Subramaniya Swamy Temple. 45 Kms from Tuticorin. One of the six "Arupadai Veedu"
* Kalugumalai - Ancient Rockcut Temple. Jain Architechture. 61 Kms.
* Navathirupathi - 9 Temples dedicated to Vishnu within a radius of 35 Kms.
* Virapandiapattanam, Manapad & Ovari - Ancient Divine Churches
* Our Lady of Snows Shrine Basilica (16th Century) iin Tuticorin is one of the Catholic pilgrimage centres in India dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Recommended stay Duration– 2 nights.