Trekking and Walking in Coorg
Coorg as a region is best visited ex-Mysore (100-120 kms) or ex-Mangalore (150-180 kms) or ex-Bangalore (230-270 kms). The area is known for coffee plantations and salubrious weather (2000-4000 ft asl) all round the year.
Coorg is a haven for those who enjoy walking and soft trekking. One passes by coffee, pepper and cardamom plantations, Cauvery river with misty hills all around. There is a bit of bird watching to do enroute as well.
Popular Trekking / Walking routes:
* Brahmagiri Trek (Oct – Feb) - 14 kilometers of trek everyday, covering Kotebetta, Nishani hills, Brahmagiri hills and Thadiandamol hills – Four nights
* Nishani Hills, Vanchal , And Plantation Walk - One night
* Brahmagiri Hills and Talacauvvery and Thadiandamol – Two nights
* Kotebetta and Mandal Patti – Two nights
* Pushpagiri Hill , Mallalli Falls and Subramanya – Two nights
* Irrupu Falls, Narimale Hills, and Brahmagiri Ranges – One night
* Thadianda Mol Hill – One day
* Plantation Walk: Coffee, Pepper and Cardmom Plantation – Half day
Guests often just choose a plantation homestay and walk around the area. There are plenty of trails traversing plantations. One can take a local map and chart ones own path.
Typical Stay: 2 - 7 days Seasonality: Oct - March