Street Food at Chandni Chowk (The Old City)
Paraanthewali Galli in Chandni Chowk - Photo Courtesy Aaditya Saraiya
Chandni Chowk is the archetypical old city of India that transports you into a bygone era. The food walk takes you through countless bazaars and the narrow lanes of the old city. One comes across burqa clad women, countless vendors, urban Delhiites and swanky tourists.
Chandni Chowk is where you get street food, super crowded bazaars and riksha rides, all combined to give a complete experience. You can also consider combining the food walk with a visit the Red Fort (a World Heritage Site).
Popular restaurants / eateries:
- Al Jawahar (Kheems and Kebabs)
- Karims (Mutton Burra and Kheer)
- Dulli Chand Naresh Gupta (Kulfi)
- Original Giani (Icecream and Falooda)
- Special Jaleba (Large sized Jalabis)
- Nirmal Restaurant (Veg Restaurant for Paranthas)
- Ghantewala (Authentic Indian sweets)
- Paranthewali Gali ( Paranthas cooked in Desi Ghee with varied stuffings)
- Haldiram (Kachoris, Dry Snacks)
- Natraj Bhalla (Dahi Bhalla)
Duration: 3 hours in the evening
Seasonality: September-April is best time to visit Chandni Chowk for a street food experience.