Monasteries of South and South West Sikkim
Samdruptse near Namchi (13 kms) has world's highest statue (120 ft) of Buddha (Guru Padmasambhava).
Solophok Chardham nearby has how massive statues of Lord Shiva along with a Sikkim version of Chaar Dham.
Guests staying at Namchi certainly make it to these two monuments, however the imposing nature of monuments has ensure that guests even do a day visit from Gangtok (75 kms).
Other prominent monasteries in the area are:
* Namchi Monastery - This monastery is located in Namchi.
* Dalling Monastery at Kewzing
* Kewzing Monastery
* Ermoik Monastery - Built in 1952 and follows the Nyingma sect of Buddhism, situated above Singtam.
*Simik Monastery - near Singtam town.
* Yang Yang Monastery, 10 kms. downhill from Rabongla (Ravangala).
* Ralong Monastery - This monastery is situated near Rabongla(Ravangala).
Seasonality – Oct – May