Kumbhalangi Chinese Fishing Nets
Kumbhalangi is a backwater area at 10-15 kms from Fort Cochin that offers rural backdrop. The area is excellent for a range of experiences where guests can enjoy essence of Kerala while being in close proximity to Fort Cochin.
* Boating on the backwaters in a country boat & fishing with the local fishermen
* Cycling through the surrounding countryside
* Visit the Chinese fishing nets (maybe try hand at fishing along with the local fisher men)
* Watch the toddy-tappers at work (maybe try out the toddy)
* Visit to Fort Cochin and Mattancheri heritage site
* Learn about crab farming and prawns farming
* Bird watching
* Visit the 350 year old Nalukettu house(ancient Keralan architectural style)
* Visit a prawn farm and local family, try some catch and cooking
* Day visit to Marari beach and swim at the non touristy sandy beach
* Go for evening shows of kerala dance, kathakali and martial art, kalaripayattu
* Hand-made cloth weaving using the traditional 'Charka'.
* Keralan Cuisine Cooking programmes conducted on special request
Season: Throughout Recommended Stay Duration: 2-3 nights