Khatu Shyamji – A Lord Krishna Pilgrimage
Khatu Shyamji is a renowned Krishna Temple in Shekhawati region of Rajasthan at 2 hours drive from Jaipur. The Temple is constructed from renowned Makrana marble. Khatu Shyamji has a great regional importance and people from all over Rajasthan and many parts of India visit the temple all round the year.
* During Winter : (Ashwin Badi 1 to Chaitra Sudi 15) - 5.30 am. to 1.00 pm. 4.00 pm. to 9.00 pm.
* During Summer : (Baisakh Badi 1 to Bhadrapad Sudi 15) - 4.30 am. to 12.30 pm. 4.00 pm. to 10.00 pm.
Note : The temple is open 24 hrs. during every Shukla Paksha 11th. Also, the temple is open throughout the Falgun Mela from Falgun Sudi 10th to 12th.
Aarti Timings : Winter / Summer
* Mangla Aarti - 05.45 am / 04.45 am.
* Pratah (Morning) Aarti (Shringar) - 08.00 am. / 07.00 am.
* Bhog Aarti - 12.30 pm / 12.15 pm.
* Sandhya (Evening) Aarti - 06.00 pm / 07.30 pm.
* Shayan (Sleep) Aarti - 09.00 pm / 10.00 pm.
Around the temple
* Shyam Kund : The holy pond near the temple from which the SHISH was retrieved. It is believed that a dip in this pond cures a person from ailments and brings good health.
* Shyam Bagichi : A blessed garden near the temple from where the flowers are picked to be offered to the deity.
* Gourishankar Temple : Shiva temple situated near Shyamji's temple.
Nishan Yatra - It is an important festival of the Temple in which pilgrims walk from Ringas to Khatu( 17 kms).
Falgun Mela - The Falgun Mela is the main festival in Khatu Shyamji and the biggest festivals of Rajasthan around month of March. Hundreds of stalls are put throughout the town selling sweets, foodstuff, music cassettes, books etc. Special arrangements are made for feeding the devotees in almost all the Dharamshalas and Vishram Grihas.
Season: October to March is best season weatherwise. However pilgrims arrive at the temple all through the year.