Junagadh (342 kms from Ahmedabad) is an important Hindu and Jain pilgrim center being home to 5 major temples.
* Bhavnath Mahadev Temple – The famous Bhavnath Fair takes place every year at this temple site, which attracts millions of pilgrims from all over the country.
* Amba Mata Temple – 12th century temple at 2000 ft asl.
* Temple Of Gorakhnath – Lord Gorakhnath temple
* Temple Of Mallinath – Mallinath temples are the famous Jain Temples of ancient origin.
* Temple Of Neminath – The temple was built in 1128 A.D and the temple is dedicated to Lord Neminath who is the 22nd tithankar of Jainism.
Junagadh is a well visited round the year pilgrim center. Besides being a pilgrim center there are options for guests to explore. It has ancient forts and monuments like Ashokan Edicts, Mahabat Maqbara, Uperkot Fort. Darbar Hall Museum & Junagarh Zoo Museum are two well visited museums here.
Recommended stay Duration – 1 or 2 nights Season – Throughout