Catholic Pilgrimages in South India
While Vailankanni is regarded as the most visited Catholic shrine in South India, there are number of other pilgrimages that are revered and have significance for Catholic pilgrims. They are:
* Basilica of Our Lady of Snow, Vypeen (Cochin, Kerala)
* Poondi Matha Basillica, Poondi (35 kms from Trichy / Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu)
* Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health, Velankanni (Tamilnadu)
* Holy Cross Church, Manapad (18 km from Tiruchendur, Tamil Nadu)
* Our Lady of Snow Kallikulam (100 kms from Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu).
* Our Lady of Snow (Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu).
* St. Stephen's Church, Kombuthurai (Tuticorin. Tamilnadu)
* Church of Our Lady of Assumption, Kamanayakkanpatti (Tuticorin, Tamilnadu)
* Maravankudieruppu, Our Lady Of Snows, Nagercoil (Kanyakumari, Tamilnadu)
While Vypeen is visited as a standalone pilgrimage, others can be visited as a part of a circuit.