Marari - Tour Experiences (Extra Charges
- Backwater cruise - Daily from 10.30am to 1:30 hrs.. The cruise is in a motorized boat for 2 hours and it starts from Alleppey.
- Sunset cruise - Daily from 4.00pm to 7.00pm. Same like backwater cruise in the evening.
- Country Boat ride - Daily from 4.00pm to 6.00pm on a country canoe escorted by an experienced guide. and enjoy the silence and explore the backwaters and small canals.
- Temple Trail - Daily from 9.30am to 1.30pm . In this trip the guest visits 5 famous temples in kerala. They are- the Mararikulam Shiva temple, Mullackal Devi temple in Alleppey, Jain temple in Alleppey, the serpent’s temple called Mannarasala and the famous Ambalapuzha Krishna temple.
- Enchanting Cochin - From Monday to Thursday. Starts at 9.30am from the hotel. It is a shopping cum sightseeing tour programme to the older part of Cochin i.e., Fort Cochin.
- Farm Tour - Daily 10.30am to 4.30 pm. It’s a guided tour to a place called Pulinkunnu, 30kms from Marari beach resort. The guest can see paddy fields, rubber plantations, coconut farms etc and will have typical kerala lunch “Sadya” from a very ancient Tharavadu.
- Discover Alleppey - Monday to Saturday at 3.30pm. It is a guided tour to the nearest town called Alleppey, which is also known as Venice of the east. The guide will take the guest to a big coir factory, a 200 years old church, then to shopping, temple and beach and will come back to the hotel by 6.30pm.
- Auto tour - Visiting the fish landing area, local temple, church and a small coir factory on a tuk-tuk. Operates from Monday to Saturday.
- Explore kuttanadu - Visiting the charming narrow canals and backwaters on a motorized country canoe in Alleppey for two hours.
- House boat - Overnight cruise as well as day cruise according to the availability of house boats.
Marari’s Inhouse experiences
- Village walk - Walk along the coastal Mararikulam village and watch the local village life, people working on looms and manufacturing coir or jute carpets, visit local tea & toddy shop etc guided by a hotel staff. excepts Sundays.
- Cooking Demonstration - Everyday at 6.30pm in the restaurant.
- Cocktail Demonstration - Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays at 6.00pm in the restaurant
- Saree &Dhoti Demonstration- Every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays there is saree and dhoti demonstration at our shop at 6.00pm
- Ayurvedic talk - The ayurvedic doctor gives a brief description regarding the various treatments, medicinal plants and also the importance and impact of ayurvedic treatments and ayurveda in daily life. Everyday near the clubhouse at 3.00 Pm.
- Ayurvedic garden visit - Ayurvedic doctor takes the guest to our ayurvedic kitchen and garden and explains the production of various medicinal oils and also describes the medicinal values of different plants and how they help in various treatments. The trip starts at 9.00am daily from the reception.
- Environmental tour - A tour to biogas plant, sewage treatment plant, solar water heater unit, vermi compost cell, organic garden, butterfly garden, rainwater harvesting, daily 9.30am from the reception.
Cultural Progammes- Once in a week hotel organize various cultural programmes like kathakali, mohiniyattam, ottanthullal etc for the in house guest.
- Movies – Daily at the club house at
9.30 Am – Kid’s Movies
3.30 Pm – Hindi Movies
9.30 Pm – English Movies
- Yoga & Meditation - Are conducted every day at 7.15 am and meditation at 5.15 pm in the Yoga
Centre. This facility can be availed by the guests without any charge.
- Bicycles on rent (Extra charges
applicable): Guests can take bicycles for hire to go and explore the surroundings. The guest is
given a route map of the surrounding area.
- Games : A badminton court (rackets and shuttle cock will be provided by the reception), 2 tennis courts (rackets will be provided by the reception and the guest has to buy the tennis balls from the shop), Beach volley ball court (volley ball is available at the beach shack or pool house). Indoor games like carroms, chess & playing cards at available at the clubhouse.