Homes is an MPTDC Resort located at Amarkantak
(Madhya Pradesh, India).
Home offers simple accommodation and a restaurant.
at an altitude of 1065 mt. at the meeting point of the Vindhya and the
Satpura mountain ranges, Amarkantak is a pilgrim centre for the Hindus, and
is the source of the rivers Narmada and Sone.
While the Narmada
flows Westwards from Amarkantak, the Sone flows towards the East. The area
is characterised by Holy ponds, lofty hills, forests, waterfalls.
Udgam - A temple built at the source of the Narmada - the holiest spot in Amarkantak.
- Source of the river Sone.
Kamandal - Here we can see an ancient Kamandal or water pitcher which is always
full of water.
Pani - A hot spring in a thick forest.
- The water falls from a height of about 50 ft. in a milk-white cascade.
- A picnic spot and a waterfall.
Ki Bagiya - A garden with a temple.
* Nearest airports are Jabalpur (228 km.) and Raipur (230 km.).
nearest rail head is Pendra Road (42 km.) on the Katni - Bilaspur section of the
* Amarkantak is connected by regular bus service
with Shahdol, Umaria, Jabalpur, Rewa, Bilaspur, Anuppur and Pendra Road.
* Visited Throughout the year.
is visited as a Religious destination or as a part of MP